Saturday, July 26, 2008

.for the art of ad campaigns

The two most amazing fall ad campaigns of 08 consist of doses of american minimalism and italian blossom accordingly.


Calvin Klein as the master of contemporary simplicity promotes in an absolutely consistent way le profil of his brand. Suvi Koponen appears to be the perfect muse for this visualisation of the brand's image. The angles that the light and clothes form as well as the dark clothes, all give an edgy turn to CK minimalism.



One year after her first campaign for Calvin Klein, Suvi Koponen is back in the spotlight for Francisco Costa’s latest collection. The campaign was photographed by Fabien Baron at Milk Studios on April 3rd and 4th, with styling done by Camilla Nickerson and Karl Templer, hairdressing by Eugene Souleiman, and makeup by Lucia Pieroni.

In a release to WWD, Costa had this to say about the collection, and choice to use Suvi: “The clothes are categorized by sharp, angular lines with a real emphasis at the waist, torso and legs. We thought that Suvi was the perfect choice to bring that to life in this very graphic campaign. She’s so current and versatile in her look and expression. She really exudes a certain strength that echoes the overall look of the season.”


pics: tfs


And then some miles away we find Emilio Pucci 's ad campaign. An original surprise consisting of heterogeneous elements. Juergen Teller's harsh lighting pairs with Pucci's colours in a very unique way and in all this stars the photographer's favourite Mariacarla Boscono.







11 comments:

loveology said...

Great post!

Thank you so very much for the sweetest comment you made on my blog, it makes me really happy you liked it and it even touched you...

<3

María said...

I find it kind of surprising that Pucci chose Juergen Teller...

Apart from that, Calvin Klein campaigns are always so good.

..... said...

the CK one are not so surprisin but still nice !! whereas Pucci is just wicked ! ilove teller so :)

Jessica said...

im not craz about Pucci but i loooove Calvin Klein. How can i not ?
xx
the song on your profile is fun

Ella Gregory said...

LOVE the Pucci ads. So much infact I want to be in it!

Mimi said...

The pics are great.I love those colorful pucci prints.I wish I had such a nice dress.
May I ask from which city in greece you are?

lara said...

Love the pucci pictures!!

STYLE DU MONDE said...

Love pics with Mariacarla! Especially the first one!

I just added you to my blogroll! Thank you.

xx

Anonymous said...

Love the way the perspective is warped in the CK ads...

mmr said...

I adore the CK ads! I'm usually not a big fan of CK, but I love the shapes and the black&white ♥

Oakley eyeglasses said...

Photos by CK are fantastic and breathtaking. So futuristic style. I have got unforgettable impression. Pucci photos are beautiful too, but not so emotional for me.